Event dates: 22nd June 2020 – 22nd July 2020
In a normal year, hundreds of riders would be taking part in the annual Truro Cycling club randonee, which raises thousands of pounds for charity. This year we’re doing something a little different, to support the Cornish Food Banks who are providing such a vital service in the county and helping families through these tough times.
We want you to cycle to as many food banks as you can.
Here’s how it works:
1. CREATE YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE – Create your own fundraising page linked to our team page. Your fundraising will then get added to the TCC team total. When creating your page please make sure you select all five charities:
• Truro Foodbank
• St Austell Foodbank
• Wadebridge Foodbank
• Helston Foodbank
• Penryn Foodbank
You can download instructions for setting up your page here.
2. CHOOSE YOUR ROUTE – The suggested routes are below, but feel free to make up your own! Visit as many of the Cornish food banks as you can (or want) by bike along a circular route before the end of July, while riding solo and observing social distancing rules.
3. OPTIONAL DROP OFF – Fill a pannier, backpack, or other cycling with items from the local food banks requests list, and deliver items to as many of the Cornish food banks as you can. *Please check opening times for deliveries*
4. SUBMIT YOUR ROUTE – Link to your route on your fundraising page.
5. SHARE YOUR PAGE – let all your friends and family know what you’re doing by sharing your page on social media.
6. GET SNAP HAPPY – take photos or videos on your ride and at each drop off point, and add them to your page. This will help us promote the event!
PLEASE NOTE YOU RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
The Suggested Routes:
The Mini – 10km, Truro food bank circular
The Small – 35km, Truro & Penryn
The Medium – 65km, Truro, Helston, & Penryn
The Large – 100km, Truro, St Austell, & Wadebridge
The Big One – 170km, Truro, St Austell, Wadebridge, Helston, & Penryn
The Really Really Big One (every food bank excluding Saltash) – 275km, Truro, St Austell, Liskeard, Callington, Launceston, Wadebridge, Helston, & Penryn